The activate cycle is meant for certain botanical ingredients that have chemical compounds that are activated after being exposed to a certain amount of heat. The scientific word for this process, when using flower, is also called ‘decarboxylation.’
Make sure to use this setting with botanical ingredients in the herb pod only, and never with liquid in the reservoir.
By default, we recommend using the ACTIVATE cycle at 240ºF/116ºC for 30 minutes.
Settings can be customized based on user preference, within the following parameters:
TIME: Up to 10 hours
TEMP: 200º F/ 93ºC (MIN) to 275º F/ 135º C (MAX)
How to use the ACTIVATE cycle:
- Set up your LEVO for use, making sure the reservoir & attached nozzle are fully installed inside the heating chamber.
- Add the black silicone Pod Protector to the bottom of your herb pod. This protects your herbs from the direct heat of the metal base.
- Prepare your ingredients to add to the herb pod:
- Dry off any excess moisture with a cloth or paper towel.
- Herbs can be cut up or ground into smaller pieces if necessary.
- Do not over-fill the herb pod. It should be packed loosely.
- Add your filled herb pod to the reservoir beside the “Place Pod Here” marker. The magnetic bracket will cling to the side of the reservoir where the marker is.
- Do not add any liquid to the reservoir during the ACTIVATE cycle.
- Close the lid and select the ACTIVATE cycle on the display. Customize your desired TIME and TEMPERATURE settings, then press START.